Who We Are?
Zhian health organization been established in 2003, in Erbil city, by a number of physicians, medical staffs and social workers, in 10/3/2003 registered as NGO in Iraq under the code "IZ341319" and recognized as a healthy, social, humanitarian, independent and non-governmental organization. Z.H.O has active branches in Erbil, Kirkuk, Sulaimanya, Ninewa and Halabja.
Our objectives are arrangement and supervision of mobile medical teams that are able to spread awareness and provide therapeutic services for many individuals in the camps, village and dispute areas. Coordination with government ministries and departments to raise health awareness and the level of health services, also working different national and international organizations among which are CADCA, Colombo Plan, ICSP, ADF and Official partner of the UNFPA in Kurdistan region-Iraq and UNICEF.
Zhian Health Organization (ZHO) is seeking for a future which people live in dignity and humanity, no matter where they are, delivering healthcare services to those affected by conﬂict, natural disaster and disease following by building their capacity and promotes the skills they need to recover.
Our mission is to improve the health status of the communities we serve through delivering quality healthcare services, educating and training activities that strengthen local healthcare systems in the developing countries worldwide.
- Improving awareness
- Access to information
- Humanitarian approach
- Humanity: we address human suffering wherever it is found.
- Neutrality: we do not take any side in an armed conflict or other dispute.
- Impartiality: our Humanitarian actions are based on the need, without discrimination of nationality, race, gender, religious belief, class or political viewpoint.
- Independence: our Humanitarian actions are entirely autonomous means the autonomy of political, economic, military or other objectives.
Plan and Projects:
As we have been working for a long period in terms of health and human development aspects of the society in many cities such as (Erbil, Sulimany, Ninewa, Northern Diayla, Dohuk، and Kirkuk) therefore our projects for long time in a framework of the following:
1- Solidarity Mosul woman and children
After attach of Islamic state IS in summer 2014 on the north Iraq, has huge impact on ethnic minority and non Muslim religious despite the occupation and destroy villages and cities of the minorities ethnic background and faith for converting them religious conviction and believes .
Zhian Health Organization has project for those who are victims by IS especially for woman and children to be support mentally and physically for the following activities:
- The woman and children need trauma support and ongoing counselling, so Zhian Health Org has experience to support vulnerable people, recover their health, and move on with their lives.
- Training and courses for build small project and professionally
- Support orphan Children
- Reconciliation with religions to advocate victims
- Solidarity and cooperation those female abuse and despoliation
2- Women’s Economic Empowerment:
Zhian Health Organization had two centres at Qayarrah and Hawija towns since 2018 the programme is a prerequisite for sustainable development achieving women’s economic empowerment requires sound public policies, a holistic approach and long term commitment and gender specific perspective must integrated at the design stage of policy and programming. Through these services, women in different geographic areas will receive specialized advice and training to enable them to access economic opportunity. Also coordinate closely with national and local governments as well as other relevant local organization and sectors to provide literacy training and other support to beneficiaries, while the program is designed to build the capacities of individual woman such as:
- Traning for small project for capacity women in the field economic and marketing and administration.
- Sharing experience and knowledge among women in different cities for improving women empowerment.
- Promote education, training and professional development for women especially in private sector, offer practical guidance to business on how to empower women in the workplace, marketplace and community.
- Publicity and circulation about successful woman and them story how they started and built and participate fully in economic life across all sectors.
3- Religion men roles to reduce violence:
Unfortunately, in Iraq and Kurdistan region most for the religion man either direct or indirect not support gender equality and women rights, therefore in this project we wild like to change them point view the religion leaders are often key catalysts for positive social change. Religious leaders are key stakeholders in responding to social issue and can play an influential role in validating and promoting best practices for preventing and reduce gender-based violence such as:
- Collaboration between women organizations and Religion men, communities’ leader through different communication channels debate and discourse.
- Build cities network of religion against women violence along with faiths and religions, for accessing education and political participation and making deeply personal choices in their private lives, towards the realization of women’s empowerment and gender equality protecting the rights and improving the lives of women.
- Positive anti-violence values and healthy aspects of men’s experience should be strengthened, include teaching men to intervene in other men’s behaviour.
4- Building Youth Capacity:
Zhian Health Organization in past couple years 2013 and 2014 with cooperation both organization CADCA and Colombo Plan arranged 23 seminars at different high school, colleges and universities in Kurdistan region and 11 training on disadvantages of drug and smoking. Also 7 training and 19 seminars on Germs spread. Although build community coalition in two district for preventing anti-drug, smoking and dedication between young peoples, so the community coalition call Aree community coalition at poor district.
The local government city council was involved, education department, health department, church, mosques and young organization set up road map for preventing anti-drug in Erbil city. Our plan in 2016 build community coalition in Sulimani and Douk city for awareness youth people in Kurdistan region.
Promote the cooperation between youth organisations and organisations in the education and training fields as well as with representatives of business and labour market
- Activities encouraging policy dialogue, cooperation, networking and exchanges of practices in the field of youth, such as conferences, workshops and meetings
- Information and awareness campaigns
- Development of information, communication and media tools
- Development of youth work methods, tools and materials, as well as youth work curricula, training modules and documentation instruments such as Youth pass.
5- Reproductive health care for women and Development:
ZHO has medical team at camps and non-camps for providing sexual and reproductive health service for every pregnancy women, is wanted every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. Recently our teams focusing on
- Family planning is central to women’s empowerment and sustainable development. Also promotes comprehensive sexuality education and youth leadership, which empower young people to exercise autonomy, choice and participation with regard to their sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Strengthen health systems, train health workers, educate midwives and improve access to the full range of reproductive health and Still, some women and adolescent girls die each day from preventable causes related to pregnancy and childbirth.
- Prevention of teen pregnancies, complications of which are the leading cause of death for girls who under age.
- Reliable access to modern contraceptives sufficient to benefit girls and women.
- The health of pregnant women caring, especially who are in camps who face life-threatening complication cases.
- Delivery of safe birth supplies, dignity kits and other life-saving materials to survivors of conflict and natural disaster
- Zhian Health Organization (ZHO) calls for the realization of reproductive rights for all and supports access to a wide range of sexual and reproductive health services – including voluntary family planning, maternal health care and comprehensive sexuality education.